Thursday, January 26, 2006

Reading

I just finished Stephen Kings mystery paperback the Colorado Kid (about an unsolvable death) and am now starting his new full sized novel the Cell (about a tone in cell phones driving people homicidally insane). I'm so glad he changed his mind about retirement. Especially now I can so use an escape from reality. I also have a new one based on my dear old friend H.P. Lovecraft's work taht is waiting for me when I'm done. It's called the Tsathaoggua Cycle. Try saying that 10 times fast. It's nice to once again have some new stuff to read by my favorites. Sometimes I just get sick of re-reading old stuff. Maybe thats why I collect comics the most. It's a quick read every month, no waiting for half a year for a new book. There's also a new Get Fuzzy book out, and a Garfild one called Odie Unleashed that I need to pick up (still waiting for Garfields 42 book to hit shelves). Worse comes to worse I haven't finished the Dilbert books either, still several of those to pick up, and Clive Cussler should be comming out with a new one soon too. Also hoping for one from Terry Pratchett within he next few months. The more often I can keep my mind away from reality the better off I am.

Hey does anyone out there use the Vonage phone system? I'm looking into it and was wondering if anyone can give me some info. $25 a month seems a little too good to be true and I'm wondering what extra charges they tack on.

6 Voices In The Darkness:

Blogger Linds Screams...

I have a friend that used Vonage for a year- I know he hated it, but I don't remember him saying anything about extra charges. I'll see if I can get in touch and ask him, if no one else here has used it. Its good to see you back and blogging!!!

9:33 PM  
Blogger MomThatsNuts Screams...

Hey, have you read any Dean Koontz?? I enjoy his books, also John Grisham (sp). I love love love to read. Just finished the Davinci Code, but Cell sounds good, Im gonna go get that one!!
Nothing exciting going on for me,,,as you can tell from my EXCITING posts as of late...uggg

mom

9:37 PM  
Blogger Linds Screams...

Oh, sheesh. Found this and and this for you- lots of different people talking about Vonage. (One a blog, and one a user post board for Vonage). Should give you a general idea of possible problems to take into account.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Libby Screams...

OMG!!
I got 'Cell' in the mail yesterday from Amazon, and started reading it last night in bed...I'm on pagge 125 already! It is SO gross, but GOOD!! reminds me of 'Needful Things'!!

11:36 AM  
Blogger The Creeping Unknown Screams...

Aza, I am also reading Cell, and thrilled he's not retiring. I also like Robert McCammon, in particular Swan Song, Night Boat, Wolf's Hour, Bethany's Sin. Great stuff. Some of the books are hard to find. I'd be glad to lend them to you. A book trade club would be fun eh?

I agree about Dean Koontz! Good stuff!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Screams...

Keep me posted on what you think of "Cell" - it's on my to read list too.

I've been on a Lovecraft kick lately myself. S'been a loooooong time since I read that, lol.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home